Off-Licences: has the penny dropped ??

Recently I went out to collect some take away and with €5 left in my pocket, in coin, I decided to nip into one of the large chain off-licences to see if there was anything remotely interesting worth picking up. I was intending on just getting a single bottle to go with the lazy dinner.

To my surprise the choice was almost overwhelming. Now the selection was no where near what is on offer at what I'd call proper enthusiasts vendors such as Devenney's or Drinkstore, but the stock has come on in leaps and bounds in the last year.

Put it this way it took me so long to choose that the dinner was on the counter when I got back to the take away....

Oh and I went home with a bottle of Ola Dubh 12 - out of a high street offy... brilliant.

I think I'll check out the branches of the big guys local to me and do a little comparison test this weekend.

Popular posts from this blog