Paddy's Day Stout Mission


So it was Paddy's day, traditional to get blathered etc etc and waffle some rubbish about some horse race in the UK (I just dont do horse racing)

Anyway I wasn't doing that so I thought I'd try my samples of the Porterhouse's new bottled stouts (well it was March 17)

I picked up bottles of Plain, Oyster and Wasslers in the Drinkstore (thanks lads)

Now I enjoy a pint of Oyster if I am out in Town so I was delighted to hear of the new bottling plant The Porterhouse have constructed. I was a little disappointed to find that the beers were going out in 330ml bottles, but hey ho. As I do like an Oyster I couldn't resist and dived in... its smooth and yummy and has that slightly sweet tinge that the oysters add... next was Plain, my mistake was taking that after Oyster, I know its terrible but it tastes, well Plain. I just never opt for it on tap as Oyster is there.... its nicer out of a bottle than draught guiness ina widget can so I was happy enough. But then, wasslers... this is a full on stouty mealy Stout on top, and has a high ABV bottled. It was really delicious.


Popular posts from this blog